What's Goin' On #newsong #lorijean Thxs to Marvin Gaye #teensatcrossroadsofamericaandbeyond WW release As Well

This song was inspired by Marvin Gaye.

 I woke up with this, a woman feeling abuse constantly going on. I guess the song You Haven't Learned Much Today isn't done. I made a change to it as What's Goin' On. I found this ironic where I love the song What's Going On by Marvin Gaye and that's even when the worst of all it started for me connecting realization to the song, with tears running down my face at 25, or 26. 

Lyrics:

What's Goin' On

Verse
When someone wants to take you down
When we're maimed and running around
there's no sound
no one

What are we fighting for
Where do we go
How do we show
what's goin' on

Verse
You
can feel
see
hear
it's invisible to everyone

Your mind tries to clutch
you pull on experiences for strength
eventually... you crawl

What are we fighting for
Where do we go
How do we show
what's goin' on

When the mind
is maimed
all you have
left
is what makes
it much harder
as you fight

What are we fighting for
Where do we go
How do we show
what's goin' on

(all the loud sounds helps my head tremendously (brain injury from abuse), so when the mixer fixes it the sound is more compatible to everyone)

Also watch for the WW release of "Is It the Time" by me, Lori Jean. It's the song that won Best Country Song at The Akademia Awards Sept. 17'.

"Is It the Time" by Lori Jean
release WW Feb. 14th!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rewrote "Beautiful and Resilient" to "I Can Overcome You" #newsong #lyrics #lorijeanfinnila #singersongwriter

"Beautiful and Resilient" #newsonglyrics #lorijeanfinnila #singersongwriter

A Bit of a Poetry/Prose “Dead Woman in a Park” #unreasonableexpectations #lorijeanfinnila