Lori Jean_I'm Makin' Lemonade_Teens at Crossroads of America and Beyond
Making lemonade from lemons is shown in this song. This is a song from the Teens at Crossroads of America and Beyond youth work song project to get every teen off the street and out of the woods and to thrive.
- Award and Accolades
- Pia's Records-Inspired from Lori Jean's Comical Youth to Music
- #teensatcrossroadsofamericaandbeyond #youthworksongproject #kickstoppushed #youthworkproject CD/EP to Eat, Clothes, a Home, etc.
- Factory Fast Records and LJ Production Releases
- Electronic Press Kit
- MuseBoat Radio Media Partner
- Homeless Articles
- So Cold Outside CD for #homeless to sell #socoldoutsidecd
- Press and Press Kit in Word
- 'Lori Jean' Musician Resume
- Touring and Events
- Family and Friend's Special Stores
- Performance Videos
Thursday, August 10, 2017
Lamb by Lori Jean #poem #saddinner
By Lori Jean Finnila
My dad’s look was stern,
It was lamb at the dinner table again.
Mom would be sweet,
I’d lick the plate,
And even have my sister
And brother’s on there way to me.
The softness of the pink flesh,
The broiled skin in eloquence
Touched my lips once again.
But brashly put,
That wouldn’t stop the experience
Of lamb in our house.
For my brother would puke,
Sister would cry,
Mother would flush…
And then back to dad’s stern look.
Was it the poor sad sheep we feared for,
Or perhaps because it was on our baby crib
At one time.
Was it the coloring books
Or reading books,
Or perhaps grandma’s hooks
Filled so with it as she knits.
Was it, the scratch of wool
That it reminded of,
That made us itch
Up on our skin so bad.
Perhaps the night time tale
That was supposed to bring us so much comfort
Would never come again.
Alas, poor lamb.
You will always be rest assured
Of your intent
Of whatever it may be,
In you and me.