In My Cup by Lori Finnila aka Lori Jean #dirt #ashes #sex #sad 😢

In My Cup
by Lori Finnila aka Lori Jean

In my cup
There it stood, alone
Black ashes, wryly smashed against the side
Possible fixtures and unknown ingredients 
It may have known
To its graces
From another room I'm barren from.

The groans I know, now my cup has become accustomed too.
You are no longer my cup, I feel.
I will dredge this wash, perhaps bring you closer to me again.
But still seeing what went on in my mind in the foreground may prolong this.
Tell me when it is safe again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rewrote "Beautiful and Resilient" to "I Can Overcome You" #newsong #lyrics #lorijeanfinnila #singersongwriter

"Beautiful and Resilient" #newsonglyrics #lorijeanfinnila #singersongwriter

A Bit of a Poetry/Prose “Dead Woman in a Park” #unreasonableexpectations #lorijeanfinnila